To bring about the use of E100, gasoline free ethanol, as a primary motor fuel in the United States using E100 engines optimized for ethanol and not gasoline.
There are 4 main reasons why it is important for the US to do this:
1. Climate Change caused by CO2 emissions
2. American Security - both environmental and economic
3. Economic and cultural costs of fluctuating gasoline prices.
4. Creating permanent employment for producing ethanol or other biofuels.
E100 is: 98/2 mixture of ethanol/iso-propyl alcohol or
ether* with 10 ppm DNB** (approved as
motor fuel under 27 CFR 19.746)
** DNB- denatonium benzoate - bitter tasting substance to denature the alcohol so it cannot be ingested.
* Ether approved on June 26, 2018.
Copyright © 2022 E100 Ethanol Group - All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated June 26, 2022